The debate as to whether social media is a passing fad or a necessary marketing venture has been resolved, as statistical analysis places increasing importance on social platforms and mobile users. Moreover, social media is proving to be one of the most significant marketing platforms to strategize for in 2015.
Social Media Marketing Campaign
According to Social Media Examiner’s Social Media Marketing Industry Report 2015, 92% of marketers said that social media was important to their businesses and 84% stated that they integrated their social media and traditional marketing activities. What’s more, 64% stated that they are using social media for six or more hours a week, with 41% admitted to using it for approximately 11 hours per week.
So what results are these businesses seeing for their social efforts? The following statistics from the report offer extensive insight on this subject.
- 90% reported an increase in brand or business exposure.
- 77% reported an increase in website traffic.
- 69% reported an increase in brand loyalty.
- 68% reported a gain in marketplace intelligence and 66%+ saw positive growth in lead generation with a time investment of six hours a week.
- 53% of those who have used social media marketing strategies for over two years actually report an increase in sales, while those who spend six or more hours a week on social media marketing campaigns report similar results.
- 73% of those who spend an excess of 40 hours a week report earning new business from their efforts.
- More than 50% report a gain in new partnerships who have invested time in social media marketing for at least two years.